m (fixing dead links)
* '''Transistor arrays''' are used for general purpose applications, '''function generation''' and low-level, '''low-noise amplifiers'''. They include two or more transistors on a common '''substrate''' to ensure close parameter matching and thermal tracking, characteristics that are especially important for '''long tailed pair''' amplifiers.
* [[Darlington transistor]]s comprise a medium power BJT connected to a power BJT. This provides a high current gain equal to the product of the current gains of the two transistors. Power diodes are often connected between certain terminals depending on specific use.
* [[IGBT transistor|Insulated gate bipolar transistors]] ([[IGBT transistor|IGBTs]]) use a medium power IGFET, similarly connected to a power BJT, to give a high input impedance. Power diodes are often connected between certain terminals depending on specific use. IGBTs are particularly suitable for heavy-duty industrial applications. The [[Asea Brown Boveri]] (ABB) '''5SNA2400E170100''' [http://library.abb.com/GLOBAL/SCOT/scot256.nsf/VerityDisplay/71B8625C035676C2C1256F9000471D3C/$File/5SNA%202400E170100_5SYA%201555-02Aug%2004.pdf] illustrates just how far power semiconductor technology has advanced. Intended for three-phase power supplies, this device houses three NPN IGBTs in a case measuring 38 by 140 by 190 mm and weighing 1.5 kg. Each IGBT is rated at 1,700 volts and can handle 2,400 amperes.
* [[Single-electron transistor]]s (SET) consist of a gate island between two tunnelling junctions. The tunnelling current is controlled by a voltage applied to the gate through a capacitor. [http://www.mitre.org/tech/nanotech/single_electron_transistor.html][http://physicsweb.org/articles/world/11/9/7/1.]
* Complete list of transistor types [http://t-transistor.com T-Transistor.com]
* BFP183: Low power, 8 GHz microwave NPN BJT.
* [http://www.national.com/ds/LM/LM194.pdf LM394]: "supermatch pair", with two NPN BJTs on a single substrate.
* [http://www.st.com/stonline/books/pdf/docs/9288.pdf 2N2219A]/[http://www.st.com/stonline/books/pdf/docs/9037.pdf 2N2905A]: BJT, general purpose, medium power, complementary pair. With metal cases they are rated at about one watt.