Jalur Utama Nagasaki
Jalur Utama Nagasaki (長崎本線 Nagasaki hon sen?), atawa Jalur Nagasaki, manjang ti Tosu Station di Saga Prefecture nepi ka Nagasaki Station di Nagasaki Prefecture, Jepang. There is a separate branch of this line which runs from Kikitsu to Urakami by way of Nagayo. There are currently plans for the western (Nagasaki) branch of the Kyushu Shinkansen to run from Hizen-Yamaguchi to Isahaya, parallel to the existing track.
- Operator and route length:
- Gauge: 1,067 mm
- Stations: 41 (including special stations)
- Double track:
- Tosu - Nagasaki (20,000 V - 60 Hz)
- Kikitsu - Nagayo - Urakami (not electrified)
- Closure system: Automatic
- Operational Command: Hakata Integrated Command Center
- Because of high construction cost due to geography there is single track between Kashima and Nagasaki, and because it runs along a complicated coast there are a lot of curves.
- The branch of the Nagasaki Main Line which existed before the opening of the new line and runs from Kikitsu to Urakami by way of Nagayo is called the old line (旧線). Before the opening of the new line, express and limited express lines ran on this track. You can see vestiges of this at Michinō and other stations on the old line.
- The branch of the Nagasaki Main Line that is electrified, runs through Nagasaki Tunnel, and goes from Isahaya to Urakami by way of Ichinuno is called the new line (新線).
Limited express trainsÉdit
The limited express Kamome operates on the Nagasaki Main Line. éast of Hizen-Yamaguchi operates the merged limited express Midori/ Huis Ten Bosch. From Isahaya to Urakami the limited express trains run on the new line.
Overnight sleeper trains like Sakura (between Tokyo and Nagasaki) and Akatsuki (between Kyoto and Nagasaki) had all been discontinued by 2008.
Other than trains that are operated on the entire Nagasaki Line, there are trains which operate in specific sections, such as from Tosu to Hizen-Kashima, and trains which continue on to other lines.
- In the morning, from Hizen-Nanaura, there is a direct train to Mojikō (on the Kagoshima Main Line).
- The new line from Isahaya to Nagasaki uses EMUs, but the old line, including direct trains to the Omura Line, uses DMUs. However, the rapid service train Seaside Liner, despite being a DMU, uses the new line.
- Between Hizen-Nanura and Yue, because it is a relatively inactive part of the line, local trains only run for about five hours into the daytime after the morning rush.
- Driver-only trains are operated on the entire Nagasaki Line. On the new line, the 817 series EMU is used, and on the old line, the KiHa 66, 67, and 200 DMUs are used.
Freight trains are operated between Tosu and Nabeshima. High-speed freight trains maké three round trips a day from Tosu Freight Terminal to Nabeshima. The electric locomotive used is the Class ED76. Freight trains only arrive and depart from Nabeshima station.
In 1907, the Railway Nationalization Act was passed in Jepang, nationalizing all railways. This act provided that the Ariake Line be extended from Tosu to Isahaya by way of Kashima. It also provided that a new line be built from Kikitsu to Urakami by way of Nagasaki. This was all completed in 1934, and the line was renamed the Nagasaki Main Line.
New Line (by way of Ichinuno)Édit
- ●：Always stops ▲：Sometimes stops ｜：Does not stop
|Station||Japanese||Distance from Tosu (km)||Express
|Connecting Lines, Notes||Location|
|Tosu||鳥栖||0.0||JR Kyushu：Kagoshima Main Line||Saga Prefecture||Tosu|
|Shin-Tosu||新鳥栖||2.0||JR Kyushu：Kyushu Shinkansen （under construction）|
scheduled to open 2011
|Balloon Saga||バルーンさが||29.8||only operational during the Saga International Balloon Fiesta|
|Kubota||久保田||31.4||JR Kyushu：Karatsu Line||Kubota|
|Hizen-Yamaguchi||肥前山口||39.6||JR Kyushu：Sasebo Line||Kōhoku|
|Higashi-Isahaya||東諫早||97.8||Continues to Ōmura Line|
|Isahaya||諫早||100.4||●||JR Kyushu：Ōmura Line|
Shimabara Railway：Shimabara Railway Line
|Kikitsu||喜々津||106.9||●||JR Kyushu：Nagasaki Main Line (old line via Nagayo)|
|Urakami||浦上||123.7||●||JR Kyushu：Nagasaki Main Line (old line via Nagayo)|
Nagasaki Tramway：Main Line (本線)
|Nagasaki||長崎||125.3||●||Nagasaki Tramway：Main Line (本線), Sakura-machi Line (桜町支線)|
Old Line (via Nagayo)Édit
|Station||Japanese||Distance from Kikitsu||Connecting Lines||Location|
|Kikitsu||喜々津||0.0||JR Kyushu：Nagaski Main Line （new line via Ichinuno）||Nagasaki Prefecture||Isahaya|
|Urakami||浦上||23.5||JR Kyushu：Nagasaki Main Line （new line via Ichinuno）|
Nagasaki Tramway：Main Line